1 C Canola Oil
2 C Sugar
4 Lg Eggs
1 16 oz. can Pumpkin
2/3 C Water
3 1/3 C Unbleached All Purpose Flour (reserve 1 TBS for Chocolate Chips)
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Chopped Pecans or Almonds (optional)
2 9x5 Bread pans or 1 Bundt Pan, lightly greased
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, beat together oil and sugar.
Beat in eggs, pumpkin and sugar.
3. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
4. Mix into wet mixture.
5. Toss chocolate chips with reserved flour and add into moist mixture. Pour into pans. 6. Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
7. Cool in pans for at least 10 minutes.
8. Turn out of pans and cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and store overnight.
9. Serve and Enjoy!